http://www.sparkpeople.com/mypage_photo_gallery_enlarge.asp?id=4462548

Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Busy Forager Girl

Busy Forager Girl

I was a busy little forager again today.  lol  I picked another two big bowls worth of Wild Black Cherries (for jam/jelly), a smaller bowl of False Solomon's Seal berries, Rose hips (for a friend), a bunch more Puffballs, a handful of Stumpers (Honey mushrooms), and a nice yellowish Coral mushroom.

A few photos from today...


False Solomon's Seal berries, Rose hips (white strainer), 
and two large bowls of Wild Black Cherries.

Cooked, a handful of Stumpers and a Coral mushroom (now in my tummy, 
urp), and more Puffballs I sauteed to freeze (on the right).

False Solomon's Seal berries (color like candy apples).  

Just a handful of Stumpers soaking in saltwater. 
 (More in my yard but too small to pick yet.)

I've been sauteing most of the puffballs I've been picking to freeze.  
Sauteed in a little butter (left), cut up to saute (center), and the ones I've been
 freezing over the past couple of weeks.

Coral mushroom.  I soaked it in saltwater for a while to make sure 
there weren't any little critters hiding in there.  ;)


Oh, and I found some Canada Mayflower berries to try (my first time); and they look and taste like the False Solomon's Seal berries to me.  This is one I haven't done a post on yet.  You aren't supposed to eat a lot of them, but I don't see them very often anyway as the critters get to them first.


Everything I mentioned above (besides the Rose hips and Canada Mayflower berries), you can find on my Edible Mushrooms and Edible Wild Berries posts.

PS: I brought home a few pretty berries the other day with photos of the plant to look up, and I finally got around to it. It's Bittersweet Nightshade. Gotta toss those out!! Good thing I don't just chomp on things when I don't know what they are. lol

Thanks for taking the time to check out my blog.  :)


2 comments: