http://www.sparkpeople.com/mypage_photo_gallery_enlarge.asp?id=4462548

Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Natural Cleaners



Natural Cleaners
 I'll add new posts to this one as I try new things.  :)


Orange Peel Vinegar

I thought I'd give this one a try.  Should smell good right?  I've seen different posts for it around Pinterest.

Put orange and/or lemon peels in a jar and cover with vinegar.  Let sit for 10-14 days.  Strain and pour in a spray bottle and add water in a 1:1 ratio, (1/2 the vinegar solution to 1/2 water).  It's supposed to work on kitchen counters, fixtures, floors, etc. 

Mine has just a few days to go, and then I'll let you know what I think or you can try it yourself.  Some people seem to like it while others don't.

Update: 
Strained...


Well, I wanted to like it; but I really wasn't impressed.  I pulled some bottles (cooking ingredients) out by the stove in a hard to reach area to find this area to test it on, dusty, oily.  I used the orange vinegar on the right and had to keep rubbing.  I used a brand-name  cleaner with bleach on the left and it came right off!  Honestly, I don't use "cleaners" very often.  I usually just use soap and water on a dish cloth. When I do though, I'd like it to be good on pretty much everything.  I don't want 6 different bottles for 6 different chores.  I read on the internet about how well vinegar cleans a lot of things and I'm sure it is good for a lot of things, but I guess you will just have to try this one for whatever particular thing you would like to use it for and see what you think.  :)


No comments:

Post a Comment